DIY Investing Boot Camp
Can you learn to invest by yourself? It sounds a little scary. But for the vast majority of people, there really is nothing difficult or scary about Do-lt-Yourself Investing.
What you are missing is knowledge. Knowledge is power! Knowledge can save you tens of thousands of dollars in investing fees.
Paying someone fees of 1 or 2% per year to manage your money is just far too expensive. After 40 years, you could end up paying half of all your savings in fees!
Take the time to learn to invest your money yourself. Millions have done it and millions more can do it with a little effort and time. The costs of ignoring this advice are just too high.
What I Do
One on one teaching on financial investing for you and your family. This is not an online course. This is me sitting down with you in person in to be your dedicated DIY investing coach.
Some topics we will discuss are:
- pros and cons of RRSPs and TFSAs
- what the experts say about how much of your income you should save
- how CPP and OAS fit into your retirement plans
- how does early retirement (before age 65) affect your nest egg
- how do RESPs work
- how much do you need to save if you have a company pension plan
- what factors can change the amount of saving required (annual income,marital status, renter vs. owner, children, etc)
- how to set up a self directed investing account
- what are some possible investing products you may wish to purchase
There are many things you can learn to improve your financial literacy.
Rate $199 for a 3 hour intensive boot camp. If you have a small group of up to 3 friends or family, you can split the cost and learn together.
This also includes follow up questions you may have.
Who I Am
I am an Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT) and department head for a high school in Toronto. I graduated (HBA ’90) from the Ivey School of Business at Western University.
I’ve been a DIY investor for over 20 years. My teaching experience and education in finance at the Ivey School of Business have been very useful in teaching me the fundamentals of finance and investing.
Now, I want to share this knowledge with you and raise money for a worthy cause. I am an investment teacher/tutor/coach.
What I definitely am not is an investment advisor.
My goal is to teach you about DIY investing so you can make intelligent choices for yourself today and in the future. I am not in the business of selling you any financial products. I am not a salesman and will not benefit in any way from the investing decisions you make.